RATS: Rodents and Their Slaves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed?

+2
RachsRatties
chapstickaddict
6 posters

Go down

What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed? Empty What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed?

Post  chapstickaddict Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:49 pm

We all know how much the little buggers LOOOOOVE being where they shouldn't. And I want to hear your "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" stories!

My favorite story isn't really that ridiculous, but it's one of my favorite memories of my <3 rat, Marigold (RIP).
I was sitting on my bed nomming Nila wafers and crunchy peanut butter and MarMar was out and about and had her own treats. She'd periodically climb to my shoulder to survey her kingdom, and then scoot back down to conquer it. So, I didn't take notice when she appeared on my shoulder yet again; but unfortunately this time I wasn't aware I was to be a diving board. Next thing I know the little jerk is launching herself off of my shoulder INTO my jar of peanut butter! I sat there for a second in shock while she was happily sitting in it like some tasty, gooey hot tub. She was SO proud of herself! Thankfully she didn't choke herself on the stuff, and she groomed PB off herself for a solid 20 minutes afterward.
chapstickaddict
chapstickaddict
Admin

http://ihearthammiejams.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed? Empty Re: What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed?

Post  RachsRatties Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 pm

^ haha that is hilarious!

One of my best memories was over this past Christmas. I was wrapping presents at the kitchen table. I had Tazo and Chai out playing near me in some boxes and whatnot. Next thing I know Tazo is running across the kitchen table with ribbon in her mouth. Then I see Chai with the end of the wrapping paper I was about to use in her mouth just looking at me with that "hey look Mom aren't I cute" face on. Well the cuteness didn't last long. She took off running ripping the paper in half and sent the roll flying off the table. Needless to say I had to use different paper for that present. Oh and the girls got to play in the paper Chai so cleverly stole.
RachsRatties
RachsRatties
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed? Empty Re: What is the most ridiculous thing your rats have gotten into/destroyed?

Post  Kenzie Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:27 pm

At my old house, I would sometimes leave my rats roaming the rat room and walk out and do something. WELL, One day I walked out and they had chewed up the carpet around the door. EVERYTHING was showing. I was mortified. There are now several holes in the carpet.. Never did that again. I have some pictures..somewhere. but UGH. My dad was not pleased..LOL
Kenzie
Kenzie
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sasha Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 pm

Laughing, those are hilarious!

My main thing were I want to shout "what are you DOING?!" at my girls is when they get into the rubbish packet during cage cleaning. It's only a couple of them, but those two love nothing more than diving into the dirty paper pieces to look for food (or something else, I have no idea what), even though all those bits of paper were in their cage about 30 seconds ago. I've often had to rescue a rat from getting smothered by the flood of litter I'm about to pour into the packet... and then the rat in question happily hops into the now-full packet to swim around in dirty litter. scratch

There was also the time the built-in cupboard door was slightly ajar because something was caught in it, and three of the smaller girls slipped inside. Saki realised she was too fat to fit through the gap, so she proceeded to chew splinters of wood off the bottom lip of the cupboard, presumable to widen the gap under the doors. She did this in about 15 seconds flat, because I'd just nipped out to grab something from the bathroom and came back to a small pile of wood. She's never chewed anything outside the cage before, so that was a huge surprise all around.

And then there was the infamous fruit juice-dilute incident which had 6 rats trying to cram themselves into a very narrow drinking glass. Fortunately nobody drowned, and the rats at the back contented themselves by licking juice off the rats that were wedged inside the glass (who didn't seem to mind too much, given that the juice at the bottom of the glass was in easy licking-distance).

Oh, and a couple days ago I saw Lemoni trying to get through the lid of my laundry basket. I reasonably pointed out that she seemed stuck (since she was up to her shoulders and couldn't seem to get any further in) but she gave me the stink eye and wriggled herself the rest of the way inside within ten second flat.

Sasha
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  chapstickaddict Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:02 am

I'm reasonably sure my rats were exposed to some crazy crap during a space expedition and now possess the ability to stretch their little arms. I *had* a webcam hanging on a hook thingy near their cage but not very close, and I walk by today to see the wire shredded Evil or Very Mad. I have no idea how they got it unless the cat was in on it too, Suspect
chapstickaddict
chapstickaddict
Admin

http://ihearthammiejams.moonfruit.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smilez_n_hugs Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:12 am

My spunky little girl, Lily was under the impression that it is a game to try and get her head in my mouth. I can't count the number of times she appeared out of nowhere to get to my mouth. And when all else failed she resorted to trying to pry my mouth open with her little paws. Luckily *knock on wood* she seems to have grown out of this.

smilez_n_hugs
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:34 pm

These stories are hilarious!!

My rats have gotten into all sorts of crazy things. Hmm. Well, recently I was there while my rat Missy walked off with an entire sleeve of crackers. She somehow managed to bring them into the CN too, which is impressive since the only way to get into the cage is to jump and climb up the side or shimmy up the stand. I dunno how she did that.

Once, I was sitting with the rats on my shoulder messing around on the computer, and my girls kept messing with my back. I went to shoo them away, and SNAP. They chewed through the strap on my bra!!! Laughing

Stacy
Admin

http://www.stacyshouseofhammocks.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down