RATS: Rodents and Their Slaves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face*

4 posters

Go down

I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face* Empty I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face*

Post  Eluin Gentry Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 am

and a lot of familiar faces here. I'm Eluin on pretty much every forum I've ever logged in on. Debating changing my AIM name to Eluin as well, but right now it sounds like WAY too much work. Either that or I'm not nearly bored enough yet. One of the two. I live in Traverse City MI (which is a tiny town in a very very boring part of the country. The majority of my neighbors are cows) and I work nights. I'll see a lot of you in chat at ridiculously late times because I have nothing better to do. Nothing good happens after about midnight. I have two cats, one of whom will probably sit on my keyboard and try and butt type you all messages occasionally. She's pesterly like that. In fact, it is one of her nicknames. I also have a crew of rats and two degus who moved in with me too. We are one big happy, dysfunctional family.
Other things about me...
I hate chat speak. People who use it in their posts are pretty much dead to me. I'd rather read posts like I'm reading a book. If the post is illegible, I'll probably go read a book instead. Time not spent with my pets is time I spend with my nose in a book. Diane Duane said it best when she said "reading one book is like eating one potato chip". That is why there is a whole pile of them on the couch with me pretty much all the time. As well as a bag of potato chips. Yum.
I'm a geek. Not ashamed of it. My fiance is a geek and we'll probably be trying to breed a herd of little geeks in the near future. I can't wait. Not sure how much time I'll have for the rat crew when the baby comes (it hasn't been created yet, so I've got some time to figure that out), so I'm getting vaccinated against GMR as soon as possible. I don't want to take on any new crew members if I won't have time for them in a couple of years. Oldsters deserve better than that. Even if I wind up leaving the rat world for a while, I'll still want to be a part of the forum. I love baby pictures and watching the little ones grow up. My goal was to start a rescue here someday, but that goal has been put on hold for a while. Maybe when the little geeks start school and I have more free time, it will become more of a reality.
Anyway, its 3AM and I'm babbling. I hope to see more faces and lots of posting going on here real soon!
Eluin Gentry
Eluin Gentry

Back to top Go down

I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face* Empty Re: I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face*

Post  Kenzie Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Welcome Eluin!

Very Happy
Kenzie
Kenzie
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face* Empty Re: I spy... a ridiculous rule about the number of characters I have to use *big frowny face*

Post  Sasha Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Hi Eluin! Congrats on the impending wedding... and I'm glad that someone else is trying to become immune to GMR. Maybe we could start a support group. Wink And the world could probably do with a few more geeks. Laughing

Sasha
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacy Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Your post made me giggle. Welcome Eluin! Also, thanks for reminding me to put in a rule about using chat speak. I h8 wen pplz likez to post stoopid stuff like ur able to r33d it! LOLZROTFLMFAOOMGOMG! Sorry, couldn't help myself.

PS: I dislike the minimum character rule too.

Stacy
Admin

http://www.stacyshouseofhammocks.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down