RATS: Rodents and Their Slaves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal.

2 posters

Go down

Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal. Empty Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal.

Post  RachsRatties Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:01 pm

My beautiful girl Molly had surgery yesterday, she developed pyometra (an infection of the uterus) and she also had a lump. The vet did a spay and removed the lump, that he said "it feels funky". I am not quite sure what "funky" means but apparently it was "funky" enough to send out, so now we have to wait a week for those results. Right now she is peacefully sleeping on her dog bed snoring away. I know she is going to be sore for a few days, but what are some behaviors that she may have after her surgery? It has been so long since a dog of mine has had to have anything done I just can't remember what they were like that week after being stitched up. I am watching to see if she is in any great pain, the vet didn't give any pain meds, and I have some children's ibuprofen on hand just in case. She is eating and drinking but she hasn't defecated yet, is this a concern? I'm just so stressed that something may go wrong. She's my baby, the last present my Dad gave me before he passed away. She and I just have a special bond and I couldn't stand myself if anything happened to her.
RachsRatties
RachsRatties
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal. Empty Re: Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal.

Post  smilez_n_hugs Sun May 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Poor girl, how is she doing?

I know it's a little late but I remember when I had my girl spayed and we had to constantly watch her so she didn't rip her stitches because she had so much energy.

smilez_n_hugs
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal. Empty Re: Behavior after a spay and "lump" removal.

Post  RachsRatties Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 pm

She is doing much better thank you Smile Still waiting on the results of the biopsy though. I hope I hear something soon I am getting really antsy.
RachsRatties
RachsRatties
Pinkie
Pinkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down